STEP 1. ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS ABOUT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
(or get your patients to complete the PA form before their consultation)
1. How many days per week do you exercise?
2. How many minutes per day?
3. At what intensity do you exercise (moderate or vigorous)
If you have no concerns about your patient exercising safely, select your physical activity counselling strategy (or use the PA stage of change assessment tool):
1. Discuss the benefits of exercise
2. Give them the EIM brochure or relevant factsheet (if they have a medical condition)
3. Give an exercise prescription focusing on getting started (if patient safe to exercise)
4. Refer to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist (if appropriate)
1. Give an exercise prescription focusing on getting more exercise
2. Refer to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist (if appropriate)
1. Provide continual encouragement to keep your patient moving